8 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
16 whole jalapeno peppers with stems
1 packet of real bacon bits
1. Preheat your Guru Grill to 350 to 400 degrees.
2. Mix together the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Cheddar cheese in a bowl until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
3. Lay a jalapeno pepper onto a work surface, and cut a lengthwise sliver from the side of the pepper, exposing the seeds and white membrane. With the handle of a teaspoon, scrape out the seeds and membrane, leaving the hollow pepper. Repeat for the rest of the peppers.
4. Stuff each pepper with cheese mixture, and sprinkle each popper with the real bacon bits.
5. Grill the poppers using indirect heat (i.e. have your plate setter in) until the peppers are hot and juicy, about 30 minutes or so depending your your heat. Some people like to add a small amount of mesquite chips for flavor.